Are you tired of the landlord blues? Do you feel your property is not getting the attention it deserves? Have you just purchased a new property and don't know what to do?
Consider Real Estate Service, Inc. to take the weight off your shoulders.
Real Estate Service, Inc. has only been in business since 2009, but Julie Burns the Broker has provided quality property management in Juneau since 2000. Juneau has a large rental market consisting of professionally managed as well as home owner managed. To meet these diverse needs, we offer competitive prices and will provide you with trouble-free ownership so you can enjoy the benefits of your investments no matter whether you have your property professionally managed or not.
For Full Service Management: We offer a low monthly management fee for our services of 7%-10% of gross rents per month with no minimum charges. There are no hidden charges and each month you will receive a detailed statement listing the rental income from the property, our management fees, and property expenses. At the end of the year we will prepare for you an annual comprehensive summary detailing all income and expenses.
Details of Service
For the monthly management and rental fees, you will receive the following services:
- We advertise the property on our web site, MLS, Military Housing, & Craig’s List, we place rental information on the appropriate face-book rental pages as well as local advertising, we also place a RES Rental sign on the property to get the most exposure as possible for your rental vacancies.
- We answer all calls, provide information to potential renters, and handle showings so that you do not have to.
- Once we’ve found a prospective tenant, we ensure they are qualified with credit & background checks.
- At occupancy, we perform a detailed walk-through inspection prior to any move in; we also provide an inspection sheet for tenants to document the condition of the property so that they know first-hand the condition the unit is expected to be returned in.
- We collect he monthly rents, we then normally pay all the monthly bills such as mortgage, utilities, condo dues, and any maintenance for the month and then deposit remaining funds into the owners account. Or we can deposit all the funds into the owners account and you can pay all of the monthly bills. This has become more prevalent as many owners have their items paid on automatic payments. This is totally up to each individual owner.
- We prepare and mail out monthly owner statements, which include all of the original billing invoices paid by RES for the owner, so each owner has a full monthly accounting for their records.
- We have cleaners, maintenance personnel and sub-contractors available to take care of your property's needs. Tenant’s contact RES when they have maintenance need and we dispatch our maintenance person to handle the call.
For those Home Owners who like to manage their own property, but like assistance in finding and qualifying good tenants we offer RENTAL ASSIST: For a one-time fee:
- We work with the owner to evaluate the rental property, not only for market rental amounts, but also upgrades and maintenance items. Often owners want to upgrade a unit, but need some assistance in “what upgrades are worth the $$$”. Owners often overlook items that need to be addressed to maintain the quality and the value in their rental property. A few hundred $$ in preventative maintenance now can save you thousands in the future if done properly.
- We handle advertise the property, this can include web pages, MLS, Military Housing Lists, Craig’s List, Capital City Weekly, Juneau Empire and other sites as deemed necessary.
- We answer all calls, provide information to potential renters, and handle showings.
- Once we’ve found a prospective tenant, we ensure they are qualified with credit & background checks. We then share information with the owners and they make the final rental decision.
- We secure the lease, collect first month’s rents and security deposit and then transfer rents and deposit to the owner.
- At occupancy, we perform a detailed walk-through inspection sheet for tenants to document the condition of the property. This walk through inspection sheet is passed on to the owner so that they will be able to document the condition upon move out, this also gives the owners an idea of some things that can be maintained and fixed.
If you would like any more information regarding our management services, please call Julie Burns at (907) 790-4411 / (907)723-8391 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you for your interest in Real Estate Service, Inc.